April 06, 2011

Me, a Weed?

     

       Me, a weed? No!  I’m just a misunderstood flower.
How can you talk like that about me? Such derogatory remarks you make, and here I am just trying to survive.  I'm like any other flower in your garden, only I’m stronger and healthier, with stamina that can't be beat.  And this you hold against me?  I'm hurt, and I'm bruised from all of this verbal and physical abuse you direct towards me.
We so-called weeds were put on this earth for a reason.  Huh, I heard that laugh!  We have feelings too, ya know........just like those sissy plants that are always crying for water, and food.....getting all wilty when it gets too hot for them.  The only time you hear us cry is when you try to dig us up and rip our little stems and leaves off!  Do we beg for a much needed drink? No!  Do we ask for that morsel of food?  No!  We get leftovers, and cast off cow poop!  But do I and my companions complain, again, no!  You never hear a peep out of us.  We stand tall, and hold our heads up, the way we were meant to.
If we were just left alone, we wouldn't hurt anything.  We're green most of the year, and I know I, for one, will give you a beautiful flower.  You've seen me.  I have beautiful yellow petals, which turn into a cute little white puff of seeds, if left alone.  I'm fun to watch as I catch the wind......I can fly so fast!  Some of my friends have showy leaves, and bear you interesting points along their edges.  I know, sometimes these little edges of theirs can prick your fingers, but take a hint, don't touch!
My relatives have been put to good use too, not tossed away like something the birds drug in......they've been made into some really tasty wine.  Or you can put me into your salad, and I'll give you lots of vitamins, besides adding that little extra bite of flavor.  I'm good for a lot of things, if you'd just stop stabbing me with those long pointy tools, tearing me to shreds, and tossing me into that big dark thing, where it stinks.  I just don't know what to tell you, you keep tossing me away.  I really would like to be your friend,  if you'd let me. Okay? 
I'm not a weed, I'm just a misunderstood flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am a Liberal

This sums up my beliefs.  I am not the original writer of this, although I have altered some words.  Ins tead of using the reference to “...