I didn't say yes, and I didn't say no....
At rehearsals last night...I sang my song and left the stage--Later on, I was approached by one of the men in the Variety Club and he told me they'd be seeing me in April...I said, What's in April?...he said it was their show and they wanted me to sing with them...any two songs of my choice. It's tempting me... it's nice to be asked. How many years have I secretly wanted this?
Being in front of people isn't my forte....but why am I now being tempted to sing again? The crowds now fill the room, and we have a stage, lighting and full speakers around the room! I'm only singing in Sherry's show because she asked me to!
My voice is nowhere near what it used to be...I stopped singing in the shower! I stopped singing to CDs and the radio! I stopped playing the piano and singing... why now when my voice is old and rusty, asthmatic and creaky?
I am now awake at 1-2-3-4 a.m. thinking of what songs I would choose to sing!
Secrets: Yes, I used to sing in a church choir a hundred years ago...no problem; I was once asked to sing with my minister and his wife...a bit nervous, but no problem...but I had always wondered what it would be like to sing a solo.
When I was a kid, my dad managed a movie theater with a full stage...it was rented out to the local dance studio and I'd sit in the audience, alone, and watch them practice...and then when the theater was empty I'd get up on that stage and pretended to dance across it...But, dreaming of performing a solo is not actually doing it! I saw all of the great movies of that time...I sang along with all the great singers in their musical productions! So why couldn't I do it too?
About fifteen years ago my friend Sherry, who was into karaoke, had asked me to sing for an evening performance at the clubhouse; the then small, a dozen at most turnout at these performances, and no stage...I sang three songs in front of about six people--- I had my fifteen minutes of fame, and then I said no...no more!
So why now? Again...after all these years? I'm too old for this nonsense! What if I should catch that old performance bug?!
No comments:
Post a Comment