I’m halfway through book #2...reading the Sci Fi novels, Spectras Arise Trilogy…and novella intro.
First of all, I forgot how thick three novels and novella are when bound together...my hands hurt from just holding the pages open. This story can be leading and compelling in its daring-do sequences, at times, but never ending in its descriptive jargon which leaves me lost in space ()..more like on the page…makes me want to skip it.
The writer can explain tell she's blue in the face what I’m suppose to see, mostly the inside of a spaceship or cave, and I’d still get lost without a map…
My reviews are how I personally relate to the many parts of the writing of a novel...the characters, their surroundings, and their story they want to tell me...I'm not relating to any part of this one, the main character spends most of her time talking to herself.
When I read the main character‘s thoughts, constantly, it drives me crazy...I want to say, shut up!...stop thinking for me! This is taking the imagination away from the reader with over-thought/verbalization. I want more dialogue and action, less thought.
Melodrama on a dry, hot, godforsaken sphere(s) is what I’m seeing...Action in space in the future; the Gunfight at the OK Corral….or zipping around on the freeway in a gunfire pursuit, what's the difference? Reminds me of a place I call home....why leave Earth? It's leaving me depressed. I’m done.
No comments:
Post a Comment